スポンサーリンク

Creating a hard but cool MG Enhanced Double Zeta Ver.Ka with gradient painting.

ENGLISH

Hello, I’m Duck, the administrator.
It has become completely cold and my work speed on Gunpla has dropped drastically, but I did my best to create Double Zeta. In terms of work, it took me more than a month.
The tricolour gives it a pop impression, so I wanted to give it a bit of a weapon feel, so I changed the colours based on the set colours as I went along. The work process is summarised on the rating page, so please have a look.

スポンサーリンク

manufacturer’s website

MG 1/100 強化型ダブルゼータガンダム Ver.Ka【再販】【2次:2022年12月発送】| プレミアムバンダイ
強化型ダブルゼータガンダムがVer.Kaで登場!

In the MG “Ver. Ka” series Reproduce the Double Zeta Gundam enhanced type! 

Reproduced in new molding, such as the shoulder and backpack that have been enlarged.

Adopt the aircraft colour scheme that was inspired by the livery at the time of its appearance in the anime.

 Has evolved into a reinforced type, Double Zeta Gundam “Ver. Ka” generator output and higher output, and The enhancement of the thrust has been aimed at, reproduced in the new modification part from the Double Zeta Gundam.

Completion of works

construction

Extracts of runners required by partial units are published.

Basic painting ①.

Detailing and painting of backpack and lower body

Basic painting ②.

Upper body painted and smudged and decaled

weathering

The chipping and shadow blowing process completes the process.

completion

It took a lot of time because the kit is quite a voluminous system and has elements of deformation and coalescence. It took 42 days from opening the package to painting and weathering. This is by far the longest work period of any kit I’ve made recently.
However, there are some days when I’m slacking off a bit…

This time I also did a little line carving. I used a little bit on the chest and a gauge near the calf for detailing.
I’d like to improve by doing it little by little.

The differences are in three stages: temporary assembly, basic painting and weathering. The basic painting and weathering may not look much different at a glance, but in reality it is very dirty and has a feeling of use. It gives the feeling of being in battle.

I would have used a matte topcoat, but it turned out semi-glossy.
It was unexpectedly cool, so I decided to complete it as it was.

There is not much posing flexibility because of this system. It is coolest when upright.

It took me more than 40 days to complete the Reinforced Double Zeta, but the main theme was to maintain my motivation. It may be a good thing that I did not concentrate too much on the work, and proceeded with the work as a one-sided effort while watching serial dramas and animations. I will write an article about maintaining motivation in the future.

My impression of making the Double Zeta is that there are many time-consuming elements, such as deformation, combining and large scale. The final assembly also took a lot of time because it had to be disassembled and painted. I think it was good that I divided it into three blocks: upper body, lower body and backpack.

I think that the paint job gave it a very calm impression. I think the pop impression has been removed considerably and it is closer to a weapon look. The most difficult part was the yellow parts, I mixed the white I normally use with a little clear yellow to make a yellow that is almost indistinguishable. The yellow pops too much…

The reinforced Double Zeta, which I spent a long time creating, is also complete. I don’t want to make a kit of this class for a while. Next time I’ll make a lighter kit, though. In the meantime, I am thinking of the Red Frame in the plan.

Thank you very much for reading to the end.

コメント

タイトルとURLをコピーしました